As the saying goes, it takes a village to make magic.
If you want to be part of one of the most amazing festival days ever, then click the link below to be a volunteer.
Complete the form below if you wish to volunteer for Wizarding Weekend 2018. We will send everyone the sign up for specific times and days on or around October 1, 2018.
– access to the volunteer/performer lounge with snack food & drinks
– a Wizarding Weekend key chain
– a magical volunteer experience that brings the Ithaca community alive
– additional volunteer perks to be announced closer to the event
While you may volunteer in a costume, we are not specifically looking for costumed volunteers or cosplayers.
All persons under 18 years of age must volunteer with, or have permission to volunteer from a parent or legal guardian.
Description of Roles:
- Block Captain – Supervise volunteers, check in vendors, and answer questions within a specific block
- Build Crew – Helps build and set-up booths, sets, activities, etc.
- City of Magic Ball Assistant – Sell tickets at entrance into City of Magic Ball on Friday night
- Floater – Assist organizers with various tasks
- Games and Crafts Crew – Attend and run a game or craft booth
- Logistics – Anything from running errands for Festival Staff to checking in volunteers to emptying trash
- Merchandise Sales – Customer service and sales of merchandise
- Pedestrian Crossing Guard – Assist pedestrians crossing at intersections
- Potions Crawl – Help potions crawl locations with serving
- Set-up/Clean-up – Assist with setting up/taking down tents, equipment, games, etc. (must be able to life 20 lbs)
- Special Guest Support – Assist celebrities with requests, crowd control, etc.
- Stage Manager/Assistant – Stage Hand at the Bernie Milton Pavilion
- Activity Ticket Sales – sell tickets for games and activities
- Vendor Support – Help vendors set up, take down and provide breaks throughout the day