The Wizarding Weekend Atlantic City Fan Art Show features 2D and 3D artwork created by fans. All artwork must in the themes of magic, science, science fiction and/or fantasy. All submissions must be suitable for viewing by all ages.
This is an exhibition only art show. No sales of any artwork are permitted while the artwork is on display at the event.
All artwork submissions are due by July 1, 2019 – submissions after the deadline will be notified on a case-by-case basis and as space allows.
All artists will receive final status update on or before July 15, 2019.
BONUS! All approved artists receive a special advance purchase admission discount code!
LOCATION and SCHEDULE
ATLANTIC CITY, NJ – All artwork will be displayed within the footprint of the indoor convention event at the Showboat Hotel first floor convention space. Exact location of the display TBD. All times shown are in EST.
- Friday, August 23, 2019: Artwork check-in from 6PM until 9PM. 3D and large 2D load in.
- Saturday, August 24, 2019: Artist check-in from 6AM until 8AM. The Art Show opens to the public at 10AM on Saturday and closes promptly at 6PM.
- Sunday, August 25, 2019: Art show is open 10AM – 4PM. The show closes to the public at 4PM. Artist checkout begins at 3:30PM for 2D art submissions and 4:30PM for 3D art submissions. (We need to clear the festival of attendees in order for larger pieces to be moved out.)
Any art remaining at the event after 7:30 PM on Sunday, August 25, 2019, will be removed by our staff and will not be returned to the artist. Please be aware that we are not responsible for any damage that occurs during load in, throughout the event, or during load out.
1. Wizarding Weekend and FanUnity, Inc. reserves the right to refuse to display any artwork at the sole discretion of the event organizers.
- Works that are judged to be political, obscene and/or detrimental to known persons will not be permitted.
- All artwork must be original and made by the submitter.
- All artists must be present to load in and load out their own artwork.NO mailed-in art will be accepted for this show
2. The application deadline is July 1, 2019. We encourage you to apply as early as possible. Each piece of artwork needs its own application. No more than three applications per artist. The application can be found at WizardingWeekend.com.
3. Both 2D and 3D artwork is accepted for this event:
- 2D Artwork is defined as: Paintings, Drawings, Photographs
- 3D Artwork is defined as: Fiber Arts (Quilts), Sculptures, Costumes on mannequins, structures
- NO artwork larger than 10’ wide x 8’ high x 10’ deep or smaller than 12” wide x 12” high x 2” deep
- Artists are responsible for all necessary display needs – wall hanging will not be available for this show.
- The use of open flame or fireworks as part of a submission is prohibited.
- Electricity is available on a limited basis.
4. If your artwork DOES NOT use licensed or trademarked characters, words or images, and you would like a table to sell your work, we encourage you to apply and purchase a booth space using the vendor application form available at WizardingWeekend.com
5. All artwork must be checked in during the Check-In process at the event on Friday for large art, Saturday for smaller art.
6. In case of event cancellation, artists will be notified in advance.
7. All art submitted must be finished in a way suitable for displaying in an INDOOR space. Be sure to specify how you plan to display your artwork in your application including orientation (vertical or horizontal), space/size, etc.
8. Upon checking in at the show, each artist will be asked to review their display info sheets, which is taken directly from the application and contains the following:
- Title of Art
- Artist Name
9. Once entered in the show, no piece may be withdrawn before the close of the show without the express approval of the Art Show director(s).
10. Wizarding Weekend and FanUnity, Inc. are not responsible for theft or damage to pieces displayed. Neither Wizarding Weekend nor FanUnity, Inc. provides insurance coverage for art displayed. While we make every reasonable attempt to protect your art, we recommend you verify that your insurance coverage extends to display in the show.
11. Teardown of the show begins after 4PM on Sunday, August 25, 2019, as soon as attendees are cleared from event floor. To facilitate teardown, any art remaining in the space at 7:30PM will be removed by the Wizarding Weekend staff and not be returned to artist.
12. Completion of submission application serves as an indication that applicant has read, understood, and agreed to abide by the rules governing Wizarding Weekend’s artwork display rules.