Wizarding Weekend is all about the magic and we calling on all makers and builders to help out!
We are looking for volunteer makers and builders to submit project ideas in the following areas:
- Robots/Remote Controlled Objects or Animals (futuristic, contemporary, retro, etc)
- Mad Science and/or, Steampunk creations
- Interactive, Kinetic Art Projects (tabletop to large-scale)
- Magical Shelters (tiny homes, arbors, domes, etc. – think fairies and elves)
- Upcycled 3D Art (statues of creatures, plants, etc)
- All creations must be ORIGINAL concepts or inspired by public domain material – do not submit ideas that infringe on any intellectual property, fan art/film replicas not accepted.
- All finished projects need to be independently powered – no electricity, propane, gasoline or open flame permitted
- No climbing or load bearing projects permitted
- All projects must be safe for public display and family friendly
- No profanity, corporate marketing or branding on any project
- Any shelter like structure must be no larger than 10’x10’x10’ (they can be grouped together but must not be larger than 10’x40’)
- Projects will not be permanently secured to any public surface including buildings, pavement, curbs, planters, bike racks, etc
Approved projects (notified by September 24) would then be constructed by the Makers/Builders who submitted the project.
Makers/Builders are responsible for the following:
- Using their own tools or a maker’s space tools
- Sourcing their own materials
- transport their projects to Downtown Ithaca on or before Friday October 26
- install/display projects no later than 9am Saturday October 27 – no drilling or securing of projects to public/city/private property
- Uninstall/remove projects between 4-6pm Sunday October 28 – no removal is permitted prior to 4pm
- All projects must be safe for public display and weather resistant (wind, rain and/or snow are a potential for this event).
Wizarding Weekend provides an honorarium of up to $500 per approved project. Project must be completed, installed and deemed safe no later than October 26, 2018 in order to receive payment. Select projects may be eligible for permanent ownership (and additional compensation) by festival organizers but otherwise, ownership of projects will remain with their makers.
Proposals must be submitted via online form listed below – QUESTIONS can be sent to ithacaiswizards(at)gmail.com